Friday, June 8, 2007

country living





Max is at his grandpa's and I am enjoying a coolish afternoon, watching my neighbor's little boys playing baseball with a wiffle ball and a fallen tree branch, a relic of the big storm that passed through here. Sooner than I can really understand Max will be playing like that. I wonder if he'll be like the batter, who plays by the rules, or the pitcher, who makes up his own. It's Friday and I don't quite know what to do with the 18 hours of free time I have! I can wash my hair without interruption! I can paint my toenails! I can talk to Ty about something other than the color and consistency of Maxi's last diaper deposit! Speaking of talking -- one thing I find hilarious is the difference in conversation Max hears from Ty and from me. I guess it's a balance. Daddy tells him about the state of the universe, politics, and the game of life. Mom says, "Maxi's grabbing Mommy's nose!" He's a well-rounded (and, at 13 pounds, well-round) boy.

2 comments:

Jon and Kate said...

the verdict on this baby is two thumbs up.

love
matt and isaac

benj said...

Update this blog, Mama. What are you, too busy?