Tuesday, May 13, 2008

half-time

Not only because this blog is extra late... May 13? No Mother's Day musings? Sorry readers! NB: Max's days are well documented. Your faithful blogger is knee deep in science and medicine and is as such the bottleneck on the Maxformation superhighway.

We celebrated our Parent's Night Out at the MSTP Half-time party, where we ate a delicious meal on a cool spring patio in the 'burbs, and the [facetious] M.P. degree* was conferred on me. It's our own little celebration given by the MSTP program as we watch the classmates we entered with graduate as MD's and go on to their (oh so brutal sounding) internships, while we are just now taking our qualifying exams to become candidates for the degree we stopped for on the way. To tell you the truth, I'm glad it's halftime. Oh and Mother's day weekend was lovely -- a family dinner out and brunch without the crowds/hats, naps, good times. I love celebrating motherhood, and I love having more mothers to celebrate with each year -- at last count 6 new mom-friends I know were celebrating their (well T minus, in 4 cases) first Mother's Day.

*1/2 MD, 1/2 Ph.D, a double half doctorate if you will


But since this post so far is only tangentially related to our protagonist, onto a new beginning. Max made a fantastic green drawing today. He wields a marker with a nice variety of techniques. I see a future in... me being like MAX NOT ON THE WALLS!

Grandpa says it looks like a fish. I say a rocket. What see you, dear readers?
Max's first picture

3 comments:

benj said...

there is a very large and erect green penis in the foreground and a very curvaceous and naked green lady reclining in the background

Tasha said...

I saw the naked lady too!!!

Mama said...

perverts!